Cd cargo arrived from Anaphoria

  • Kraig Grady
    Message 1 of 1 , May 15, 2003
      The North American Embassy
      Of Anaphoria Island

      Dear friends of our island:
      We here in North America are happy to announce the arrival of a new
      shipment of music from our island, which we all so sorely miss. It is
      hard for us to believe that it has been almost four years since such a
      cargo has passed through our gates. Yet time moves differently there
      than here as this live field recording can testify to. So here you have
      it.

      THE STOLEN STARS: AN ANAPHORIAN DANCE DRAMA.

      Inside the CD you get the background and history of this ritualistic
      drama, so we will refrain from repeating what is printed there. Instead
      we include some comments on the music from one of Anaphoria's most
      renowned ethnomusicologists, Lovogata Lubati, who not only suggested the

      recording but also was instrumental in bringing it to completion:

      "Musically this dance drama exploits the properties of one of
      Anaphoria's most prized tunings with its capacity to create subtle
      standing waves. The sound produced, while being totally acoustic,
      resembles certain electronic effects. Phase shifting, beat patterns that

      accumulate into their own complementary tempos, and the play on brain
      wave patterns are all natural products inherent in the nature of the
      tuning and instruments. Different tempos also unfold between the three
      instrumental groups as they are separated at some distance to
      accommodate the dance that requires an unusually large area. It is for
      this reason it became ideal to use three different recording engineers
      placed at optimum positions."

      More information available at www.anaphoria.com and from
      kraiggrady@...

      While distribrution is still being set in order, one can purchase for a
      prelease price for $12 (that includes shipping add $1 for out of US)
      made out to:

      Kraig Grady
      2645 Crestmoore Pl.
      L. A. CA. 90065

      -- -Kraig Grady
      North American Embassy of Anaphoria Island
      http://www.anaphoria.com
      The Wandering Medicine Show
      KXLU 88.9 FM WED 8-9PM PST