Re: [thewire] Fwd: [Glasbena] FW: The Knit's new "jazz" policy

  • Andrew Fleming
    Message 1 of 2 , May 12, 2003
      Catching up on old mail...

      On 5/8/03 8:31 AM, "luka zagoricnik" <destroyern1@...> wrote:

      >> The club sometimes features Knit veterans like Tim
      >> Berne or William Hooker in the old office, and tap bar
      >> residences still include some jazz combos, but the
      >> club has turned a page. It should also be noted that
      >> Matt McDonald has been let go after three and a half
      >> years as club programmer. While founder Michael Dorf's
      >> departure earlier this year was much publicized, music
      >> fans are more likely to feel McDonald's dismissal in
      >> the months to come. Tad Hendrickson

      Both Dorf and McDonald are gone? KnitMedia is a very different place from
      when I worked there, ~4 years ago. Dorf ruled the roost then, squawking
      orders from his closet-esque office... except for when he would come out of
      his office to chew out (or fire) someone in front of the entire staff...

      Knitmedia was a miserable environmnent. I hope it's better for those who
      work there in the post-Dorf era.

      -Andrew