once.twice fest last weekend

  • Andrew Fleming
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 21 1:42 PM
      So, anybody make it to the once.twice festival in Baltimore over the
      weekend? I was at the Saturday night performance (audio+video duos), which
      was good, but there was quite a mismatch between the gallery or
      auditorium-appropriate stuff and the more dancefloor-oriented things. Was
      anybody at the dance-oriented thing at Sonar on Friday night?

      -Andrew
    • Jessica Darson
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 21 5:55 PM
        andrew,

        no ia m sorry, i didn't get to make it because there was a slight problem.....well i live in canada and i can't just drive over there...it would be quite a ways away!! well i am running out of words to say so i guess i will e-mail you later!
        the member:jesse
        Andrew Fleming <ajf213@...> wrote: So, anybody make it to the once.twice festival in Baltimore over the
        weekend? I was at the Saturday night performance (audio+video duos), which
        was good, but there was quite a mismatch between the gallery or
        auditorium-appropriate stuff and the more dancefloor-oriented things. Was
        anybody at the dance-oriented thing at Sonar on Friday night?

        -Andrew

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        TheWire List Info Page: [getting there]

        GothGurl_Freak :)

      • Stevo
        Message 3 of 4 , May 4, 2003
          --- In thewire@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Fleming <ajf213@n...> wrote:
          > So, anybody make it to the once.twice festival in Baltimore over the
          > weekend? I was at the Saturday night performance (audio+video
          duos), which
          > was good, but there was quite a mismatch between the gallery or
          > auditorium-appropriate stuff and the more dancefloor-oriented
          things. Was
          > anybody at the dance-oriented thing at Sonar on Friday night?
          >
          > -Andrew

          Just trying to catch up with posts I've missed while exam logged.
          Didn't catch this thing obviously but whassa story on this upcoming
          Stirling Scotland festie?
          Is it all in the same venue so the bands ain't clashing?
          Have seen that 2 bands I'd wanna see if I went are on the same night.
          +what's the story on accommodation. loadsa local B+Bs or summat?
          Stevo
          Np NERD Rock Star
        • R. Lim
          Message 4 of 4 , May 5, 2003
            On Sun, 4 May 2003, Stevo wrote:

            > Didn't catch this thing obviously but whassa story on this upcoming
            > Stirling Scotland festie?
            > Is it all in the same venue so the bands ain't clashing?

            Yes, they're all in the same venue- you can check the schedule on-line if
            you want more information. I put a link on the front of my home page,
            just follow the link in my signature (sorry for the hassle but I'm trying
            to catch up with a weekend's worth of e-mail at work). It looks like an
            amazing line-up & I'm looking forward to taking advantage of my Memorial
            Day holiday there...

            > +what's the story on accommodation. loadsa local B+Bs or summat?

            It takes place in what I guess is downtown. Any hotel within reach should
            within an easy walk /stagger... I would guess that Stirling has its
            shares of B&Bs, but I'd guess that you're familiar with how to find 'em in
            the UK...?

            -rob

            ps- didn't realize that Peter Laughner's _Take the Guitar Player for a
            Ride_ was out of print... Used Kids Records had a copy of the 2LP (w/
            non-CD tracks) at the WFMU record fair this past weekend, perhaps you can
            touch base with them? www.usedkidsrecords.com.

            --
            Janitor From Mars archives and more @ http://www.wfmu.org/~rlim