Joan La Barbara

  • Philip Sherburne
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 7, 1999
      Guess I was too hasty in assuming that the La Barbara is unavailable.
      From the Lovely Music web site:

      Joan La Barbara's first vocal compositions, originally released on LPs
      in the 1970s and early 1980s on her own record label, Wizard
      Records. The La Barbara CD is tentatively titled after her first LP,
      Voice is the Original Instrument. It will include: Circular Song
      (1975), Voice Piece: One Note Internal Resonance Investigation (1974),
      Vocal Extensions (1974-75), Autumn Signal (1978),
      quatre petites b�tes (1979), Twelvesong (1977), and as lightning comes,
      in flashes (1981-2).

      http://www.lovely.com/press/news.html
    • swen emmerling
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 25, 2004
        Hi everyone,
        I found a show at wfmu at which Joan La Barbara (THW WIRE 233) was the
        special guest:
        http://swen.antville.org/stories/735434

        More links to aritsts and legal mp3 files from issue #233:
        http://swen.antville.org/topics/THE+WIRE+233

        Swen