Re: [thewire] get back lps

  • jamello@aol.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 9, 2003
      In a message dated 1/9/2003 1:32:33 PM Eastern Standard Time,
      emptyj4@... writes:

      > Anyone know of a good place in the U.S. to get the BYG/Actuel reissues
      > at a decent price ? With the shipping costs it gets steep to order
      > overseas or from Anomalous for that matter.

      forced exposure has most of the reissues on getback for $16 or so.

    • Jason Witherspoon
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 9, 2003
        At 6:30 PM +0000 1/9/03, michael j <emptyj4@...> wrote:
        >Anyone know of a good place in the U.S. to get the BYG/Actuel reissues
        >at a decent price ? With the shipping costs it gets steep to order
        >overseas or from Anomalous for that matter.

        We've got most of 'em:

        http://www.midheaven.com/labels/nonexc/byg.actuel.html
        http://www.midheaven.com/labels/nonexc/byg.actuel.get.back.html
        --

        Jason Witherspoon
        ---------

        "...almost any idea which jogs you out of your current abstractions
        may be better than nothing." -- Alfred North Whitehead

        http://www.konformist.com/911/war-is-a-racket.htm
      • Daniel
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 9, 2003
          Same with this Ecstatic Yod store (www.yod.com).

          jamello@... wrote:

          > In a message dated 1/9/2003 1:32:33 PM Eastern Standard Time,
          > emptyj4@... writes:
          >
          > > Anyone know of a good place in the U.S. to get the BYG/Actuel reissues
          > > at a decent price ? With the shipping costs it gets steep to order
          > > overseas or from Anomalous for that matter.
          > >

          > forced exposure has most of the reissues on getback for $16 or so.

        • angbase
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 9, 2003
            try Dusty Groove:

            http://www.dustygroove.com/

            pretty good prices

          • gradyfinklemyer <gradyfinklemyer@yahoo.c
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 10, 2003
              Midheaven's shipping charges are too high. I'd go with FE (even
              though they're too cool to care about their customers).

              --- In thewire@yahoogroups.com, Jason Witherspoon <arzachel@s...>

              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 10, 2003
                At 3:09 AM +0000 1/11/03, gradyfinklemyer <gradyfinklemyer@...> wrote:
                > Midheaven's shipping charges are too high.

                Wow, I'm astonished ralph has something bad to say about something
                I'm involved with. Will wonders never cease!

                And we're gonna have to raise them, too, because we're losing money
                hand over fist on the current schedule.

                >I'd go with FE (even
                >though they're too cool to care about their customers).
                >
                >--- In thewire@yahoogroups.com, Jason Witherspoon <arzachel@s...>
                >wrote:
                >> At 6:30 PM +0000 1/9/03, michael j <emptyj4@h...> wrote:
                >> >Anyone know of a good place in the U.S. to get the BYG/Actuel
                >reissues
                >> >at a decent price ? With the shipping costs it gets steep to order
                >> >overseas or from Anomalous for that matter.
                >>
                >> We've got most of 'em:
                >>
                >> http://www.midheaven.com/labels/nonexc/byg.actuel.html
                >> http://www.midheaven.com/labels/nonexc/byg.actuel.get.back.html
                >> --
                >>
                >> Jason Witherspoon
                >> ---------
                >> --- ---
                >> --- ---
                >> ---------
                >> ----O----
                >> ---------
                >>
                >> "...almost any idea which jogs you out of your current
                >abstractions
                >> may be better than nothing." -- Alfred North Whitehead
                >>
                >> http://www.konformist.com/911/war-is-a-racket.htm

                >TheWire List Info Page: [getting there]

                Jason Witherspoon
                ---------
                --- ---
                --- ---
                ---------
                ----O----
                ---------

                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 11, 2003
                  Hey, I just remember being "astonished" at the 10 or 15 dollar
                  shipping charge for ordering three or four cd's. Is that $5.00
                  shipping and $10.00 "handling" fee? If you offered Ups you could have
                  a flat fee of $5.00 or so couldn't you? Or you could offer to ship
                  without jewel cases, which would make it cheaper on both sides.

                  http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                  Message 8 of 10 , Jan 11, 2003
                    At 8:08 PM +0000 1/11/03, gradyfinklemyer <gradyfinklemyer@...> wrote:
                    > Hey, I just remember being "astonished" at the 10 or 15 dollar
                    >shipping charge for ordering three or four cd's. Is that $5.00
                    >shipping and $10.00 "handling" fee? If you offered Ups you could have
                    >a flat fee of $5.00 or so couldn't you? Or you could offer to ship
                    >without jewel cases, which would make it cheaper on both sides.

                    Sigh. 4 cds ship at $4.50 or $5.50 depending upon where in the US
                    they're going to:

                    http://www.midheaven.com/freight.html

                    Any other lies you'd like to tell?

                    Message 9 of 10 , Jan 11, 2003
                      Oh my, I was off by a few dollars. I just calculated shipping for
                      eight cd's and it was...$8 for shipping and "handling", which is too
                      much. And it just gets higher the more cd's you order. That's why you
                      should have a flat rate such as $5.00 for Ups. If you're wondering
                      why you might be losing business there, Mr. Trump, it t'aint that
                      hard to figure. It don't pay to order more from Midheaven, but less.

                      Oh, but nevermind. What I really meant to say is that Midheaven has
                      a great selection, great prices, and great service. Ya, and Pete
                      Townshend isn't a pedophile, he's just doin' research.