Heavy Christmas

  • Stevo <stevolende@yahoo.co.uk>
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 11, 2002
      does anybody know this lp? is it any good?
      trying to work out what krautrock stuff to look out for while in
      london I looked the genre up onforcedexposure last night.
      apparently there's a krautrock reworkings of famous Xmas tunes lp
      that's been rereleased.
      Artist: VA
      Title: Heavy Christmas
      Label: SECOND BATTLE (GERMANY)
      Format: CD
      Price: $19.00
      Catalog #: SB 043
      "The rare Pilz sampler from 1971. Exclusive songs only released on
      this LP from Libido (Achim Reichel & F. Dostal -- ex-Rattles),
      Marcel, Ardo Dombe, Virus, Dies Irae, Flute & Voice, Joy Unlimited."
      Yes, actual Christmas songs, totally rearranged into explosive heavy
      Krautrock stylings -- considered one of the finest compilations of
      the early 70s German scene, a strange and compelling document.
      http://makeashorterlink.com/?W62B23CB2
      (can't find a way to isolate that further since its a Various artists
      lp)

      Stevo
      Np Cabaret Voltaire loosen the clamp