Re: [thewire] top 10 time? You bet....

  • stuff1424@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 8, 2002
      Thought I'd push the boundaries a bit here since there's always more than one
      cracking re-issue or compilation put out every year. Here's my favourites:

      Top 10 albums:

      Antipop Consortium- Arrhythmia
      Circle- Sunrise
      Cornelius- Point
      Dillinger Escape Plan/ Mike Patton- Irony Is A Dead Scene Ep
      John Duncan- Fresh
      Ekkehard Ehlers- Plays
      Jaga Jazzist- A Livingroom Hush
      Ruins- Tzomborgha
      Sigur Ros- ( )
      John Zorn- Iao: Music In Sacred Light

      Top 10 compilations:

      The Fall- Totally Wired: The Rough Trade Anthology
      Flaming Lips- Finally The Punk Rockers Are Taking Acid
      Grandmaster Flash- The Official Adventures Of...
      Herschell Gordon Lewis- Eye-Popping Sounds Of...
      V/a- Clicks & Cuts 3
      V/a- Gimme Dat Harp Boy! Roots Of The Captain
      V/a- Twenty Years Of Dischord
      V/a- Peanut Butter Wolf's Jukebox 45's
      V/a- Fals.ch FB50
      V/a- In the Beginning There Was Rhythm

      Top 10 reissues:

      Derek Bailey- Pieces For Guitar
      Captain Beefheart And His Magic Band- Dust Sucker
      Chicago Transit Authority- s/t
      Alice Coltrane- Universal Consciousness
      Fred Frith- Gravity
      Goblin- Il Fantastico Viaggio Del Bagarozzo...
      Alan Silva And The Celestrial Communication Orchestra- Seasons
      Theoretical Girls- 1978-1981
      All the Roland Kirk reissues (oops... more than one!)
      All the Osanna reissues (ditto)

      Bring on 2003.