RE: [thewire] top 10 time?

  • Olivier Borzeix
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 8, 2002
      My top 20 for the last months, one year is too long a time for me to tell
      what I liked most... in no particular order now how silly (Lazy?) hey? he he

      Black Dice "Beaches and Canyons"
      Ryoji Ikeda "Mort aux Vaches"
      Acid Mothers Temple "Univers Zen"
      Jennifer Gentle & Makoto Kawabata "The wrong Cage"
      Iannis Xenakis "Persepolis + remixes"
      Ekkehard Ehlers "Plays"
      Godspeed you! black emperor "Yanqui U.X.O."
      Derek Bailey & Susie Ibarra "BIDS"
      Polwechsel/Fennesz "Warpped Islands"
      Philip Jeck "Stoke"
      Jeck/Yoshihide/Tetreault "Invisible architecture 1"
      MIMEO w/ John Tilbury "The hands of Caravagio"
      Sigur Rós "( )"
      Do Make Say Think "& Yet & Yet"
      Fly Pan Am "Ceux qui inventent n'ont jamais vécu"
      Fenn'O'Berg "The return of fenn'o'berg"
      Charlemagne Palestine "Music for Big Ears"
      Acid Mothers Temple "In C"
      Set Fire To Flames "Sings reign rebuilder"
      John Zorn's Filmworks XIII "Invitation to a suicide"

      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 8, 2002
        My ten:

        The Notwist - Neon Golden
        Laub � Filesharing
        Schneider TM - Zoomer
        Farben - Textstar
        Ms. John Soda - No p. or d.
        M�m - Finally We Are No One
        Kaito � Special Life
        Scion � Arrange and Process Basic Channel Tracks
        Anti-Pop Consortium - Arrhythmia
        Lightning Bolt � The Power of Salad (Film by Peter Glantz and Nick Noe)

        Honorables:

        Thomas Brinkmann � Row
        Ekkehard Ehlers - Ekeehard Ehlers Plays
        Black Dice � Beaches and Canyons
        Guitar -: Sunkissed
        Playgoup � PartyMix V.1

      • John Jones
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 9, 2002
          Lee Hazlewood - These Boots are Made for Walking: MGM
          Years
          Schneider TM - Zoomer
          Various - Barry 7's Connectors 2
          BBC Radiophonic Workshop - BBC Radiophonic Music
          Augustus Pablo - Skankin' With Pablo
          Tom Waits - Alice
          Anti-Pop Consortium - Arrhythmia
          Yo La Tengo - Sounds of Science
          - Nuclear War ep
          Flaming Lips - Yoshima Battles Pink Robots

          http://uk.my.yahoo.com
        • John Gibson
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 10, 2002
            Off the top of my head, and in no particular order:

            Lambchop - Is a Woman
            V/A - Montreal Smoked Meat
            Tomas Jirku - Entropy
            Ekkehard Ehlers - Plays
            snd - Tender Love
            BoC - Geogaddi
            Do Make Say Think - & Yet & Yet
            The Necks - Aether (maybe released last year?)
            Andrew Pekler - Station to Station
            Liars - They Threw Us All in a Trench...

            JOHN

            www.groovesmag.com
          • Pablo Bernet
            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 10, 2002
              My Top Tens in this time (no order)

              - Thomas Fehlmann - Visions of Blah
              - Antonelli Electric - Love and Other Solutions
              - Luciano - Live at Weemix
              - Mike Shannon - Slight of hand
              - Lawrence - Lawrence
              - Biosphere - Shenzou