Re: [thewire] top 10 time?

  • .formatt
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 8, 2002
      quite a good year, 2002, so it's a top 20 this time.. =)

      01, Elaine Radigue - Andos I-III (The Table Of The Elements)
      02, Henri Chopin - Revue OU (Agla Marghen)
      03, Jan Jelinek + Computer Soup (Audiosphere)
      04, Philip Jeck - Stoke (Touch)
      05, v/a - Strewth! (Synaesthesia)
      06, Philip Jeck + Jacob Kirkegaard - Soaked (Touch)
      07, Motion - Dust (12k)
      08, Köhn - Koen (k-raa-k)3
      09, Mummy Fortuna's Theater Company - Born Of Man And Flies (Lexrecords)
      10, Pita - Get Down (Mego)
      11, Asmus Tietchens - y-menge (Ritornell)
      12, Req - Sketchbook (Warp)
      13, Jòhan Jòhannson - Englaborn (Touch)
      14, Staalplaat Sound System - Sweet Sissy And The Ballroom Hiss (Staalplaat)
      15, Ant - Uncontrolled Enviroment Ep (Angstrom Records)
      16, v/a - Klangmachine_Soundmachine (Ritornell)
      17, Mùm - Finally We Are No One (Fat Cat)
      18, Agf - Head Slash Bauch (Orthlorng Musork)
      19, Janek Schaefer - Pulled Under (Audioh)
      20, Boom Bip + Doseone - Circle (Leaf)

      grtz,
      peter

      ++ http://users.pandora.be/formatt ++
    • Andrew Cox
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 8, 2002
        And why not? In no particular order:

        Derek Bailey: Ballads
        Guitar: Sunkissed
        Low: Trust
        Ms. John Soda: No p. or d.
        The Notwist: Neon Golden
        Tom Opdahl: Black Smoker
        Pan American: The River Made No Sound
        Philip Samartzis + Sachiko M: Artifact
        Theorem: THX: Experiments in Synchronicity
        Ralf Wehovsky / Kevin Drumm: Cases
        Otomo Yoshihide / Keith Rowe / Taku Sugimoto: Ajar
      • François Couture
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 8, 2002
          OK, here we go, in no particular order (slimming down to 10 titles is hard
          enough without crowing a #1, #2, and what not).

          Mike Adcock & Clive Bell, Sleep It Off, Emanem
          Richard Chartier, Bernhard Günter & Steve Roden, (For Morton Feldman),
          Trente Oiseaux
          Bob Drake, The Skull Mailbox (And Other Stories), ReR Megacorp
          Ekkehard Ehlers, Ekeehard Ehlers Plays, Staubgold
          Kristoff K.Roll, Le Petit Bruit d¹à côté du coeur du monde, Vand¹oeuvre
          morceaux_de_machines, Liberum Arbitrium, No Type
          Nous Perçons les Oreilles, La Vie c¹est simple, Ambiances Magnétiques
          Palinckx, Momentum & Wag, Vonk
          Hans Reichel, Yuxo: A New Daxophone Operetta, a/l/l
          Spunk, Den Øverste Toppen Pa en Blamalt Flaggstang, Rune Grammofon

          + an 11th for best reissue: Ground Zero, Plays Standards (ReR Megacorp)

          It was a good year for me, I hope it was for you too,

          Francois Couture
          Writer/journalist specialized in demanding music
          Writer for the All-Music Guide
          Producer of Delire Actuel, CFLX.

          Personal webpage / Page personnelle: http://membres.lycos.fr/fcouture
          Visitez / Visit the All-Music Guide at http://www.allmusic.com
        • Olivier Borzeix
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 8, 2002
            My top 20 for the last months, one year is too long a time for me to tell
            what I liked most... in no particular order now how silly (Lazy?) hey? he he

            Black Dice "Beaches and Canyons"
            Ryoji Ikeda "Mort aux Vaches"
            Acid Mothers Temple "Univers Zen"
            Jennifer Gentle & Makoto Kawabata "The wrong Cage"
            Iannis Xenakis "Persepolis + remixes"
            Ekkehard Ehlers "Plays"
            Godspeed you! black emperor "Yanqui U.X.O."
            Derek Bailey & Susie Ibarra "BIDS"
            Polwechsel/Fennesz "Warpped Islands"
            Philip Jeck "Stoke"
            Jeck/Yoshihide/Tetreault "Invisible architecture 1"
            MIMEO w/ John Tilbury "The hands of Caravagio"
            Sigur Rós "( )"
            Do Make Say Think "& Yet & Yet"
            Fly Pan Am "Ceux qui inventent n'ont jamais vécu"
            Fenn'O'Berg "The return of fenn'o'berg"
            Charlemagne Palestine "Music for Big Ears"
            Acid Mothers Temple "In C"
            Set Fire To Flames "Sings reign rebuilder"
            John Zorn's Filmworks XIII "Invitation to a suicide"

            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 8, 2002
              My ten:

              The Notwist - Neon Golden
              Laub � Filesharing
              Schneider TM - Zoomer
              Farben - Textstar
              Ms. John Soda - No p. or d.
              M�m - Finally We Are No One
              Kaito � Special Life
              Scion � Arrange and Process Basic Channel Tracks
              Anti-Pop Consortium - Arrhythmia
              Lightning Bolt � The Power of Salad (Film by Peter Glantz and Nick Noe)

              Honorables:

              Thomas Brinkmann � Row
              Ekkehard Ehlers - Ekeehard Ehlers Plays
              Black Dice � Beaches and Canyons
              Guitar -: Sunkissed
              Playgoup � PartyMix V.1

            • John Jones
              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 9, 2002
                Lee Hazlewood - These Boots are Made for Walking: MGM
                Years
                Schneider TM - Zoomer
                Various - Barry 7's Connectors 2
                BBC Radiophonic Workshop - BBC Radiophonic Music
                Augustus Pablo - Skankin' With Pablo
                Tom Waits - Alice
                Anti-Pop Consortium - Arrhythmia
                Yo La Tengo - Sounds of Science
                - Nuclear War ep
                Flaming Lips - Yoshima Battles Pink Robots

                http://uk.my.yahoo.com
              • John Gibson
                Message 7 of 10 , Dec 10, 2002
                  Off the top of my head, and in no particular order:

                  Lambchop - Is a Woman
                  V/A - Montreal Smoked Meat
                  Tomas Jirku - Entropy
                  Ekkehard Ehlers - Plays
                  snd - Tender Love
                  BoC - Geogaddi
                  Do Make Say Think - & Yet & Yet
                  The Necks - Aether (maybe released last year?)
                  Andrew Pekler - Station to Station
                  Liars - They Threw Us All in a Trench...

                  JOHN

                  www.groovesmag.com
                • Pablo Bernet
                  Message 8 of 10 , Dec 10, 2002
                    My Top Tens in this time (no order)

                    - Thomas Fehlmann - Visions of Blah
                    - Antonelli Electric - Love and Other Solutions
                    - Luciano - Live at Weemix
                    - Mike Shannon - Slight of hand
                    - Lawrence - Lawrence
                    - Biosphere - Shenzou