The Wire 20 Year 1982-2002

  • dinyar
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 7, 2002
      What a great compilation this is! I felt like starting to listen to it all
      over again once I'd got through the three discs. I suppose it helps that I
      didn't have most of these tracks already. The only piece that left me cold
      was the Jac Berrocal one, but I'm willing to attribute that to personal
      taste. But just one dud track out of 42 isn't bad going (though I couldn't
      help thinking that Tony Herrington could have chosen somthing better by NWW).
      So in happy punter mode I'd like to suggest that the folks at Wire towers
      make this an annual occurrence - a three cd box chosen by various
      contributors. It'd be like getting a mix tape from a trusted friend. I'd
      personally love to hear what Rob Young, Clive Bell, Andy (Kate Bush!)
      Hamilton, Julian Cowley, Louise Gray might select (though probably Peter
      Shapiro or Hua Hsu's choices might not be my cuppa). Just a thought - I'd
      part with my cash.

      Dinyar

      np The Seagulls of Christiansund - Mal Waldron (RIP)