Re: [thewire] Not so much "peeved" anymore

  • Fractured Music
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 4, 2002
      Hello Rob,
      As I said "at first glance". I haven't even had a chance to run my eyeballs through the words. Knowing that you and the Wire staff have never let me down in the past. I will only expect the best. I guess "half hearted" was a poor choice of words. I'm sure condensing twenty years of a magazine into anything is a chore in itself. I'm glad I spoke to soon about the founders and originators and am happy we get to here from past members of the magazine.

      By the way I'm also quite glad to see a piece on the Anticon collective. Check out the brilliant new Subtle CD "Winter". Another cLOUDEAD / This Mortal Coil / Geir Jensen type soundscape.
      Running a record shop that is a bit like Hornby's "Championship Vinyl" has given me the opportunity to corrupt a few ears and minds with some Anticon. Hopefully the Wire will open up some more.

      Apologies again
      Ciao
      ----Varjak