Re: throbbing gristle box set, C93/NWW, Detroit

  • gplcob
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 4, 2002
      > I'm wondering if anything whose marginality ever attracted defiant
      > notice from a few cult-makers in the last 30-50 years will
      eventually
      > be subjected to a deluxe shrine-building.

      Regarding the interest and quality of Throbbing Gristle... Genesis,
      like John Balance, Scott Walker or Mark E Smith, has one of those
      voices that I simply love to listen to, and I usually find TG's music
      quite enjoyable. It's true that a good part of their live stuff
      sucks ; it's also true that there are a couple of great tracks on
      everyone of their albums, live or not. I may not buy the whole set,
      but will at least try to listen to some of it before making my own
      opinion.

      > Stop me if...etc Current 93 - good entry-point?

      My personal favourite would be "As the world disappears"...

      > Anyone know anything of a Techno comp from 10 years back
      > called 'Panic In Detroit'?

      Classic Detroit techno comp released on Buzz, tracklisting here
      (http://www.discogs.com/release/49871). It will probably be hard to
      find, but most of the tracks were made by famous producers under
      various aliases.

      Gwendal