WRECK: Glitch & Audio-Syphilis [playlist]

  • ninplant@xs4all.nl
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2002

      Ethno-Illogical Psycho-Radiographies: no. 196: Glitch

      Maandag, 21 Oktober 2002 (17.00 to 19.00)

      SIMULWEBCAST and streaming [sometimes!!] <http://freeteam.nl/patapoe/>

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~

      Raum 1 Variation > Pole [1]
      Sog > Komet [2]
      Waveporn > Alphacat [3]
      I Think I'm in Love > Tomas Jirku [3]
      Badjelly > Martindx [3]
      Fahren > Pole [4]
      Coll del Portell > Dick Richards [3]
      Crash the Party > P.A.L. [5]
      Hernosai > Gimp Gadget Oscillation [3]
      Temple Bong 18 > Curd Duca [6]
      Hallways & Doors > Diabatomica [3]
      Be Prepared for More Shaking > Kode IV [7]
      Headphonics 0/1 > Ryoji Ikeda [8]
      Trigger Finger > Bovine Life [9]
      Oui > Curd Duca [6]
      17 > Gas [10]
      Precinct of Sound > Andy Fairley [10a]
      Linoleum > N.kra & eM [3]
      Version 115B > Marcelo Radulovich [11]
      833-45 > Spook [3]
      Infinite Luke Warm Vibe > Luke Vibert vs Muslimgauze [12]
      Air is Statik > Polar [13]
      Mry > Silicom [14]
      Alien Porno Midgets [Moscow Nights] > V/VM [15]
      Happy Days in Holland > Boontje Stars [16]
      He Dreams She was an Atom, She Dreamt He was Enola Gay > Infoslut [3]
      Death is a Drum Machine > P.A.L. [5]
      06 > Autopoeisies [10]

      ~~~~~~~~~

      ****** Everything played on this show is highly recommended as soul
      music in amongst the ice and static, the doubt and sophistry. Smart
      music trudging through the unamazing bathos of everyday life.*******

      [1] "R" by Pole on ~scape <www.scape-music.de> is by producer and
      label found Stefan Betke. I prefer to think of Pole as an anonymous
      agglomeration of some of the finest subtlest and lyrical
      glitch-blip-dub around. With remixes by Burnt Friedman [Some More
      Crime] and Kit Clayton and others. [><><<>>T&**($±%%#^()+}}|oªº¶¢¶]

      [2] [2] "Bip Hop v. 5" <www.bip-hop.com> [^%&%^^%&%^^%&%^]

      [3] "Presence III" on Productions electro Productions
      <http://cec.concordia.ca/pep/> is a 2-CD set with 28 composers, 7
      countries, attempting to construct audio contrivances of such
      audacity that they fail to move, succeed in separating expectation

      [4] "Pole 2" on Mille Plateaux. Adam met Eve & their body parts made
      glitch. [ºƒºƒºƒºƒ]

      [5] "Release" on Ant-Zen <http:www.ant-zen.com/pal> In your colon the
      most effective audio-flush [<><><><><>]

      [6] "Waves" pre-released version on CD-R. To be released by Milles
      Plateaux presumably. CD works at the perimeters of spirit, nostalgia,
      ether, and memory. Anything by CD is highly recommended. [~~~~~]

      [7] on KK Records, Belgium. A really great spoken word piece that
      perfectly hones in on all the wrong global paranoias. [OOOOOOOOOO]

      [8] "+ / -" on Touch <http://www.touch.demon.co.uk>
      [^v[^v[^v[^v[^v[^v[^v[^v[^v[^v]

      [9] "Social Electrics" on Bip Hop <www.bip-hop.com> [-/-/-/-/-/-]

      [10] "Famous Aspect" on Mille Plateaux
      <http://www.mille-plateaux.com>, compilation of elusive but memorable
      tracks from groundbreaking glitch-ambient composers. [::::::=::::::]

      [10a] "Precinct of System" on On-U. He is the voice of many On-U
      discs when there was a need for a baritone voice of paranoia and
      Orwellian-Burroughsian vision and outdoes Gysin at his cut-up
      10-fold. There must be untapped material here! He just died short of
      reaching full-potential! "Your head will become a crazy bulbous
      punchbag of soundŠabandon all alternativesŠThere's no turning backŠ
      the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy pop starŠ" [::::::=::::::]

      [11] "Hello" <www.accretions.com> Jazz on a riding lawn mower making
      crop circles on the back of the skull. [±§±@$%^()(++++*)(&&*(]

      [12] "Exclusive" on Law & Auder. [{}{}]

      [13] 37šC and Falling" on Certificate 18 [\|\|\|\\|'\\\||'\\\\].

      [14] "Two" on Progressive Form [¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶]

      [15] "Hate You" <www.brainwashed.com/vvm> Cover version of songs you
      always hated. Revenge. Plunderphonix as audio remastication.
      [grgrrregergrgergggg] John Oswald as a drunken carpet bombing pilot.

      [16] "Happy Days in Holland" on Fajalobie 45. Why is bad music so
      good? No, that's not what I mean. Why are we so fascinated by
      terrible sounding music by musicians who don't know any better. Is
      bad music ultimately more entertaining than good music because
      failure and schlock is more cruelly fascinating than success and
      beauty???

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      *Dave Mandl
      WFMU, East Orange, NJ
      91.1 FM / <http://www.wfmu.org>
      Sundays, 10:00 p.m. - midnight

      *the art of living in a medialised landscape
      cut.up.media! <http://www.cut-up.com>

      * TamTam Books website.
      http://www.tamtambooks.com

      * Wreck This Mess-Paris
      12:30/14:30 Tues
      Radio Libertaire 89.4 <www.wtm-paris.com>

      * A u d i o m e t r i c°
      'Modern and snobby. Dripping with grease. Trembling in Fear.'
      Saturdays 23h-06h
      Aligre FM 93.1 Paris
      <http://www.blacksifichi.com>

      * WTM Playlists archive [early stages]:
      <http://www.romanapoli.com/black/wreckthismess.html>

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      THIS PLAYLIST GOES OUT TO OVER 1500 READERS-EYEBALL "LISTENERS" per WEEK*
      * "plus another few hundred when it hits the BSI list!" Ezra
      <info@...>

      Wreck This MeSS
      Radio 100 / Radio Patapoe
      bart plantenga
      Zeilstraat 23 / II
      1075 SB Amsterdam
      the Netherlands

      __________________

      Some of my playlists can be found at 3am Magazine
      <http://www.3ammagazine.com> under the title "Radiophotogram: Visual
      Radio". Also posted is a depth-of-focus interview with Judy Nylon. To
      appear soon: excerpts from my scandal-delicious paris novel, PARIS
      SEX TETE, a review of the spoken word works of Roberto ValenzaÉ

      "For a more international, commercial feel, try 3am Magazine. . . .
      The cosmopolitan, rive gauche quality of the site is wonderfully
      obvious. From 'cutting edge short fiction' to political satire and
      music reviews, 3am is a dream publication for the young, literary and
      clued-up, and it counter-balances nicely the London/New York
      publishing behemoth." o Bill Broun, The Times (Monday April 30 2001).

      "Cool ezine 3am is worth taking a look at for a dip into the edgier
      waters of literature on the net." o Michelle Pauli, The Guardian
      (2001).