Re: A Few Reviews

  • tsasscer@xxxx.xxxxxxxxxxxx)
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 4, 1999
      Mr. Ford...

      Thanks for the interesting, and in particular, diverse reviews. I, for one,
      occasionaly enjoy hearing and hearing about the electric guitar, as well as
      whatever may be coming round the bend...

      Jah Guide.

      T. (Version)
    • rf
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 4, 1999
        >Thanks for the interesting, and in particular, diverse reviews. I, for one,
        >occasionaly enjoy hearing and hearing about the electric guitar, as well as
        >whatever may be coming round the bend...

        are you referring to the letter in this month's wire chastising
        the inclusion of 'guitar bands' in the wire's albums of the year
        (viva electronica!)?
        (apparently 'guitar bands' offer nothing new and are a musical
        cul-de-sac if you haven't received feb. yet)
        an obvious case of confusion between cause and effect
        with a dose of prejudice

        i like reviews too (far better than lists)

        did any of the scots (or others) go to the z:f s,h&w thing after all?
        can s,h&w cut it live?

        rf
      • Oliver Brice
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 4, 1999
          >Thanks for the interesting, and in particular, diverse reviews. I, for
          one,
          >occasionaly enjoy hearing and hearing about the electric guitar, as
          well as
          >whatever may be coming round the bend...

          Here here, and in my humble opinion there has been as much extraordinary
          guitar music in the 90's as anything else, IE Stefan Jaworzyn, Bruce
          Russell, Keiji Haino, Derek Bailey, Caspar Brotzmann etc...