NEW RELEASE : MOVING THROUGH : MATT BORGHI : JASON SLOAN : BRANNAN LANE

  • matt borghi
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 28, 2002
      MOVING THROUGH is now AVAILABLE.
      nearly a year in the making, this beautifully packaged disc is three way
      collaboration between jason sloan, matt borghi and brannan lane. clocking in
      at 72:00 minutes, this long form work takes deep ambient minimalism to the
      next level. very experimental in nature, it has been compared to stars of
      the lid, rapoon, robert rich and ::zoviet france:: among others.

      this cd package is beautifully printed on heavy plastic and housed between
      velum in a clear vinyl sleeve.
      each copy is hand numbered in an edition of 100.
      this disc is ONLY available via secure on-line ordering at:
      http://www.jasonsloan.org
      http://www.mattborghi.com
      http://www.brannanlane.com

      PRESS ON THIS RELEASE:

      " this is one of the best collaborations I have ever heard. weighing in at a
      full 70 minutes and 52 seconds, the cd contains one track!!! the cd is
      packaged in a great looking sleeve designed by jason sloan of a film type
      transparent fold over. The cd is limited to 100 copies and are numbered
      accordingly. this limited cd is a "must have", and gets my personal
      recommendation!!!

      -Stephen Runkle - TQE Productions

      - - -

      "moving through is a glorious 70+ minute composition of smooth minimalism
      and beat less ambience."

      -Jim Brenholts - Ambient Navigator

      Also, look out for: SLOBOR MEDIA
      SLOBOR MEDIA is a new imprint/media label run by matt borghi and jason
      sloan. it will be a vehicle for upcoming collaborative as well as individual
      sound, visual and conceptual works.

      we are currently in the VERY beginning stages but already have a few things
      in the works:

      the debut project is a single disc ambient/experimental guitar compilation
      from artist's all over the world.
      some of the contributors, thus far, include:
      - jeff pearce
      - numina
      - exuviae
      - matt borghi
      - jason sloan
      - remco helbers
      - markus reuter

      the impetus for this project was to create a soundscape using only the
      guitar. the result is very pleasing in that none of these tracks typify a
      traditional guitar sound.

      this cd is slated for a dec 2002 - january 2003 release.
      more info to come soon...