Updates to TheUnbrokenCircle.co.uk wyrd folk music web site

  • Mark Coyle
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 9, 2002
      Hi all,

      I'm emailing with a quick update of the latest updates to TheUnbrokenCircle.co.uk wyrd-folk music web site. The site covers folk music influenced by psychedelia from 1966 to date, a music style often called 'acid folk'. It also encompasses related music such as 'progressive folk', 'pagan folk' and modern folk music.

      Some of the most recent updates include:

      1. An on-line streaming audio section with a selection of songs to listen to (no special software needed)
      2. A 'Classic Album' profile - this month it is Mark Fry's 'Dreaming With Alice' and has a detailed examination, the sleeves and some songs to listen to online.
      3. Added a selection of photographs and on-line audio songs to The Wicker Man section.
      4. Added a number of reviews including the recent Sallyangie (Mike Oldfield as folk artist) reissue, ISB's 'Hangman's Beautiful Daughter', Miriam Backhouse, the Dando Shaft anthology and many more.
      5. Added a series of album sleeve galleries (now up to seven) also with an added thumb nail gallery
      6. Added a new free service for wyrd folk artists to have their own sub-web site within The Unbroken Circle
      7. Added on-line discussion forums and guestbooks
      8. Added a gallery of rare 'Green Man' pictures with a secret one to find.
      9. Added 'strange events' for each day within the Latest News section

      If you would like to take a look please go to http://www.theunbrokencircle.co.uk

      If you would like to add any material or news to the site, feel free to contact me via email at lordofmisrule@...

      I have sent this email to multiple groups which I am in as I believe it is genuinely relevant to each, if anyone is unhappy with this email being sent to their group, please do not hesitate to let me know, I am keen not to spam any groups.

      All the very best

      cheers
      Mark (The Lord of Misrule)