halana/immerse

  • Steven Wainwright
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 15, 2002
      http://www.halana.com/

      Still going, but not the most prolific publisher. I recall buying issue 3 in
      about 1998, and there has only been one since.

      Whilst on the subject of long lost mags, anybody know what happened to
      Immerse? I could do without the supernatural guff, but its electronica
      writing was excellent.

      >>Is Halana still active, I've never seen the issue you mention but I recall
      >>disc from them with an excellent David Grubbs accordian track

      >>speaking of Alan Lamb, has anyone heard any of his live work?, the only
      disc
      >>of his I have is Primal Image on Dorobo which is magical

      >>matt

    • gradyfinklemyer
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 15, 2002
        I think Immerse disappeared a few years ago. Hey, I found out about
        Thomas Ligotti through one of their articles. Anyone into Lovecraft
        might want to check him out.

        --- In thewire@y..., "Steven Wainwright" <steven@h...> wrote:
        > http://www.halana.com/
        >
        > Still going, but not the most prolific publisher. I recall buying
        issue 3 in
        > about 1998, and there has only been one since.
        >
        > Whilst on the subject of long lost mags, anybody know what happened
        > Immerse? I could do without the supernatural guff, but its
        electronica
        > writing was excellent.

        > >>Is Halana still active, I've never seen the issue you mention but
        I recall
        > >>disc from them with an excellent David Grubbs accordian track
        >
        > >>speaking of Alan Lamb, has anyone heard any of his live work?,
        the only
        > disc
        > >>of his I have is Primal Image on Dorobo which is magical
        >
        > >>matt

      • stevolende
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 31, 2002
          --- In thewire@y..., "Steven Wainwright" <steven@h...> wrote:
          > http://www.halana.com/
          >
          > Still going, but not the most prolific publisher. I recall buying
          issue 3 in
          > about 1998, and there has only been one since.

          I used to get it in Dublin Tower.
          I wrote to the guy running it in 1999 and got a message back from him.
          I think he went into why he stopped working with Tower.
          Subsequently the mag ain't in the one place I used to find it and I'm
          on the other side of the country now anyway

          Stevo
          Np Sammy Lee What Goes Around Comes Around