Re: [thewire] Re: Bill Laswell

  • spelias@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 14, 2002
      In a message dated 8/14/02 3:57:23 PM Central Daylight Time,
      gatki@... writes:

      << I, and many people with intelligence I talk to do, though the question of
      "liking him" is a difficult one. >>

      Having never met the man, I can't comment on whether he's 'likable' or not.
      Certainly many people think that is last name should be 'Asswell'. And,
      indeed he has put out way too many boring pieces of music. Also, of course,
      he's helped the 'furtherization' of his particular genre of music with many
      healthy projects. I tend to think that the assholization of Laswell come
      from a bit of jealousy and resentment about a person who has drive, desire
      and commitment to a particular vision. More power to that type of
      individual, if not to Bill himself. Hello Miles Davis.