Fallt & Mille Plateaux

  • Simon Fay
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2002
      > Subject: %Array | F.0015.0008
      >
      > %Array | F.0015.0008

      ::..:::::::::::.....:....::::............:..::..:........:::::....::....::

      > Fallt are pleased to announce the launch of the
      > Fallt Live Series.
      > Published in AB-CD format and housed in transparent
      > C-Shells,
      > each CD features artwork by Fallt designers Fehler
      > which utilises the
      > format's unique characteristics by printing in
      > reverse around
      > the transparent outer edge to create a CD which
      > effectively appears
      > double-sided.

      Perhaps one day I'll have time/will to actually
      explore the output of such an apparent
      cybercafe-cum-design-agency-cum-chinstroke-gig-venue,
      maybe even pop some of it in my DJ-record-bag whilst
      checking my SMS-mail.

      Used to hear a lot about Mille Plateaux once upon 3-4
      years ago. Any recommendeds? (interested to see if
      this stuff passes the test of elapsed time)

      thanks

      SF (too fat & old to cut it)

      PS Thanks for the detailed list of
      Schutze/Plotkin...was Ralph the kind fellow?

      http://uk.my.yahoo.com
    • gradyfinklemyer
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 1, 2002
        Yes that was me. I forgot to mention Plotkin's The Joy of Disease, on
        Zorn's Avant label. It is similiar to Flux, but with less Fripp-like
        interlocking guitar lines. Franz from the Young Gods is on a few
        tracks too.

        --- In thewire@y..., Simon Fay <simonfay2001@y...> wrote:

        > PS Thanks for the detailed list of
        > Schutze/Plotkin...was Ralph the kind fellow?

        > http://uk.my.yahoo.com
      • John Farrar
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 1, 2002
          > Used to hear a lot about Mille Plateaux once upon 3-4
          > years ago. Any recommendeds? (interested to see if
          > this stuff passes the test of elapsed time)

          Large numbers of Mille Plateaux are on emusic.com

          John