Ответ: [thewire] toons

  • Дмитрий Ухов
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 27, 2002
      Stevo's choise of tunes is just like mine(save for the rhings i di not
      know).Bur as always my jazz preferences are completely different. i would
      never listen Mclaughlin/Sanana fo pleasue - fotr me ir's nothing more than
      two guitar exhibitionists "noodling".
      Yma Sumac - yes<>and she never did somerhing better.
      Do you know the story that for some obscure reasons (they saus politica, but
      nobody beleived)Yna Sumac's husbamd Moises Vivanco was persona non grata in
      the USA at the time so the couple spent 1/2 a year in the Soviet
      Union,wiating for work permit (or what was it, just visa?) playing
      one-night stands whenever they were offered. This was, as i can rememeber
      1957 or 8.
      i also listen to Tim Bucley - both originals and good covers a lot. A
      Russian hippie from Leningrad (it was mid 70s) did some of Buckley sr
      ballads ,recorded a couple of them on home two-track machine( with the
      distant sound of a neighbour's WC and ...dissapeared.
      dmitri(M)
    • Jason Witherspoon
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 28, 2002
        At 8:42 AM +0400 7/28/02, ÑÏËڕËÈ ìžÓ’ wrote:
        >fotr me ir's nothing more than
        >two guitar exhibitionists "noodling".

        Then, honestly, you're missing something. And your take on _On the
        Corner_ is pretty classic jazz police as well.

        Rilly, it'd be worth your while to pry your ears open a bit wider.
        And why not lay your some of your favorite trad-jazz picks on us
        while we're waiting for that to take effect, as that seems to be yr
        side of the fence--
        --

        Jason Witherspoon
        http://www.counterpunch.org
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 28, 2002
          Yeah man, you gotta like what we like, then you'll be open-minded
          and cool. Personally, I think Santana is a wanker-very little
          artistic vision, lots of noodling. But I'm told by the media
          that "latino" music is cool now, so maybe I should reinvestigate.