Haino-san...biting the hand that feeds him

  • gradyfinklemyer
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 8, 2002
      Just got the new issue
      1)Prat on the cover...check
      2)Prat makes fashionable anti-American comments in cover
      story...check

      Well, I see it's business as usual at The Wire. Does Haino-san
      realize that mOst of his record sales are probably in the U.S.? Why
      doesn't Haino-san express outrage at all of the people who died on
      09/11, instead of expressing outrage at what the U.S. is doing in
      Afghanistan? I don't particularly love my government, but I'd rather
      live under it than under the Taliban. Maybe Haino-san could have
      elaborated a little on his comments, and tell us exactly why
      Afganistan is worse off now than it was before? I guess since women
      aren't being beaten for not completely covering themselves (Haino's
      version of justice?), and that the people there have some form of
      freedom (even if it's a result of the nasty, selfish U.S.), things
      aren't as good as they used to be? Just think, now the people could
      even listen to Haino-san's music if they wanted to. Somehow, I think
      most of his record sales will still be in the U.S. Maybe instead of
      concentrating on the U.S.'s foreign policy, Haino-san could
      concentrate on making a listenable record. That would be a first. I
      was also perplexed to read of his difficulty in finding a suitable
      drummer for the group. That's funny, because the two Fushitsusha
      records I heard devolved into a big, uninteresting wash of feedback,
      and the drummer couldn't even be heard. There might as well not even
      be a drummer.
      WHAT WONDERFUL NEW CLOTHES THE EMPEROR IS WEARING
    • gradyfinklemyer