Re: [thewire] Re: now playing

  • Jim Flannery
    Message 1 of 59 , Jul 8, 2002
      gradyfinklemyer spewed to wire:

      g> Which Old album? Since Old is/was mainly Plotkin/Dubin, I guess
      g> that means that I'm right and you're wrong. Because he played on
      g> one album(?) doesn't mean he's a member of the band.

      Why, he's on _Lo Flux Tube_, the very album that was being discussed.
      Whether he's a "member of the band" (ever wonder what it would be like
      to be a member of something yourself?) or not, being on an album is a
      great way to get yourself mentioned as being on an album.

      g> By the way, speakin' 'pon the subject of lookin' things up, if'n
      g> you're going to use fifty-cent words, you might want to make sure
      g> they exist...my dictionary don't have no "logorrhea" in it.

      <<sigh>> you might want to try one without the big pictures of
      bunnywabbits on the front. This took about 20 seconds from
      dictionary.com:

      logorrhea

      n : pathologically excessive (and often incoherent) talking
      [syn: logomania]
      Source: WordNet ® 1.6, © 1997 Princeton University

      --
      Jim Flannery newgrange@...

      There's no need for us to return to San Francisco at all.
      -- Michael Moorcock

      np: John Cage, _Freeman Etudes_ (Négyesy)
      nr: Graham Greene, _Journey Without Maps_
    • stevolende
      Message 59 of 59 , Jul 27, 2002
        --- In thewire@y..., "Gwendal Cobert" <g.cobert@t...> wrote:
        > sure - and the EPs that came out around the same time were
        excellent.
        > Anybody knows what these guys are up to these days ? I would love
        to see a
        > follow-up to "Instinct for detection"...
        >
        > Gwendal

        THere was a second album in 1998 called City Delirious.
        I didn't get it, though from what I remember both lps got pretty good
        reviews in The Wire.
        I think I first picked up on the band from picking up the Serious
        Road Trip benefit triple cd.

        I dunno what they're up to now though.
        Hope its something as good
        Stevo
        Np Mark Eitzel Lovers Leap Usa Lost my humour/ How will you face
        yourself in sleep