Re: now playing

  • gradyfinklemyer
    Message 1 of 59 , Jul 7 10:49 PM
      oops, I was thinkin of Formula, which only has Plotkin and Dubin.
      Anyhoo, I wouldn't touch Bleach with a ten-foot pole, so's I wouldn't
      know...hmmm, he taint on Musical Dimensions of Sleastak either. Which
      Old album? Since Old is/was mainly Plotkin/Dubin, I guess that means
      that I'm right and you're wrong. Because he played on one album(?)
      doesn't mean he's a member of the band. By the way, speakin' 'pon the
      subject of lookin' things up, if'n you're going to use fifty-cent
      words, you might want to make sure they exist...my dictionary don't
      have no "logorrhea" in it.

      "Time is a child at play."
      "The Empire never ended. The Empire is the institution, the
      codification, of derangement; it is insane and imposes its insanity
      on us by violence, since its nature is a violent one."

      --- In thewire@y..., Jim Flannery <NEWGRANGE@S...> wrote:
      > gradyfinklemyer lost his battle with logorrhea yet again:
      >
      > g> where in the world did you get the idea anyone from Old used to
      be
      > g> in Nirvana?
      >
      > Jason Everman played on _Bleach_. You could look it up.
      >
      > --
      > Jim Flannery newgrange@s...
      >
      > There's no need for us to return to San Francisco at all.
      > -- Michael Moorcock
      >
      > np: Supersilent, _5_
      > nr: Graham Greene, _Journey Without Maps_
    • stevolende
      Message 59 of 59 , Jul 27 6:20 AM
        --- In thewire@y..., "Gwendal Cobert" <g.cobert@t...> wrote:
        > sure - and the EPs that came out around the same time were
        excellent.
        > Anybody knows what these guys are up to these days ? I would love
        to see a
        > follow-up to "Instinct for detection"...
        >
        > Gwendal

        THere was a second album in 1998 called City Delirious.
        I didn't get it, though from what I remember both lps got pretty good
        reviews in The Wire.
        I think I first picked up on the band from picking up the Serious
        Road Trip benefit triple cd.

        I dunno what they're up to now though.
        Hope its something as good
        Stevo
        Np Mark Eitzel Lovers Leap Usa Lost my humour/ How will you face
        yourself in sleep