Ответ: ReReRe: [thewire] Trance

  • Дмитрий Ухов
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 6, 2002
      "nada brahma"
      is Sanskrit.
      Yes, of course it is, but just the title, don't you e[pect a contemporary
      German to write a book in Sanskrit?
      BTW I know a Russian poet who does write his poetry in Sanskrit and a dozen
      other dead languages (His name is Willy Melnikov).
      Actually I am asking whether the English version of THe World Is Sound
      supplied
      with 10 cassettes as the Original German edition/ The cassettes contain
      P.M. Hamel sans "Between",his later trance-meditative works(buty not in the
      Terry Riley's mode, but also repetitive and rather minimalistic) , and solar
      wind sounds,whales etc. In 1986 it was new.May be British publishers were
      smart enough to make the cassettes into CDs ?
      dmitri
    • chux
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 6, 2002
        >May be British publishers were smart enough to make the cassettes into CDs ?
        >dmitri

        Yes, but they did this by squashing them flat under a steamroller and
        then cutting the aggregate into discs with a compass. Phillips claims
        that the results do not comply with the Red Book and it seems that
        the matter might go to court...

        chx
        --

        "meaning is the illusion of experience"