MOD opens up its land for a public event - SOLSTICE 2003?

  • viziondanz@thewarpexperience.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 5, 2002
      I just saw on the news that there is an public event on Ministry of Defense
      land (MOD) on Salisbury Plain - "ARMY2002"

      Thousands of young people (schoolchildren) are invited to see the very best
      in tools designed to kill people and mingle with defense contractors

      "education, education, education"?

      What are we educating our children?

      How come this is considered an appropiate event, while celebrating our lives
      and the very best of ourselves and each other, is considered innapropiate use
      of MOD land?

      Where are we going?

      Surely a happy, fulfilled and empowered population is the best form of
      "defense"

      Maybe now music, dancing and building stong community can now also be seen as
      appropiate use of some of the vast areas of Ministry of Defense land
      (public/OUR land) on salisbury plain.

      "celebration is our heritage"
      :)
      brian

      "there is nothing wrong with our world, we are just having a weird
      conversation - Reclaim the conversation!"
      Http://www.infintepossibilty.org

      "FUN - the final frontier"