Fwd: IMPORTANT - BIG BROTHER ALIVE & WELL AT YAHOO ?

  • viziondanz@thewarpexperience.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 5, 2002
      Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2002 21:30:17 -0000
      From: "discordanteddy" <discordanteddy@...>
      Subject: BIG BROTHER ALIVE & WELL AT YAHOO

      Received this email from a friend, the implications are apparently
      true as the moderator of feministpeacenetwork informs me that they
      have, in fact, been kicked off yahoo. Consequently, , i believe that
      i'll be using yahoo services less and less in the future.

      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 5, 2002
        >3. Yahoogroups recently cut off the service of several antiwar and
        >pro-
        >palestinian list servs in the interest of "national security." All
        >the
        >archives, and especially ALL MEMBER INFORMATION for these groups was
        >transferred over to the FBI.

        Are you sure? I just went to YahooGroups and searched for Palestine and got
        616 results. Clearly their attempt at censorship isnt going too well.

        Not sure what this has to do with music, however.

        >This is not a rumor or a joke. Just
        >three weeks ago, yahoogroups also SOLD all of our emails to
        >spammers.

        This goes against Yahoo's privacy policy, and would be easy to prove if it
        were true. You do have proof, right?

      • wlt4@mindspring.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 5, 2002
          >as the moderator of feministpeacenetwork informs >me that they have, in fact,
          been kicked off >yahoo.

          This is not true. Yahoo shows 28 messages posted in the last five days and I
          just joined this group myself so it's certainly active. The rest of the post
          is simply undocumented and clearly a troll.