this week's toons

  • stevolende
    Message 1 of 37 , Jul 1, 2002
      the list compiled for head heritages ongoing thread

      FEMALE HERCULES Gwendolyn
      longstanding Dublin garage punks latest
      far more of a 60s brit direction than their old Detroit dunt
      type stuff, still pretty heavy though
      GUN CLUB Ahmeds Wild DReam
      stoner blues? or jazz influenced double guitar action from later
      era.
      ROCKET FROM THE TOMBS day the earth met
      75 guitar burn up
      NICK CAVE Your Funeral My Trial
      4th solo lp still maintains the early noise. and I've never heard
      anything like The Carny before.
      WARHORSE As Heaven Turns To Ash
      really heavy metal type stuff
      growly vox which i could live without but the music is dashed
      heavy.
      BUDGIE
      pretty hreavy in places.
      I can live with this singer which I was worried about before
      Less screechy than I thunk and the musics got some real body.
      KYUSS Blues For The Red Sun
      why didn't i get into this earlier?
      EARTHLING Radar
      95 weirdo trip hop thing I've been meaning to get for ages
      AFROROCK various artists early 70s African funk
      http://makeashorterlink.com/?S20C41B21
      SUNS OF ARQA Solar Acrtivity 1979-2001
      compi of long standing world music/dub band
      FSOL LIfeforms
      electronic bands 94 opus werry nice
      been meaning to get this for ages.
      CLUTCH Pure Rock Fury
      Heavy rock lp from last year pretty tasty
      C.O.B. Spirit Of Love
      acoustic lp by the 3rd member of Incredible String Band's next
      group
      MARTIN CARTHY and DAVE SWARBRICK Selections
      compi of late 60s folk collaboration
      VASHTI BUNYAN just another Diamond Day
      hippy folky thingy . thought I'd give it a shot cos it was cheap
      in a sale.
      bit twee to say the least but the acompaniment's pretty good
      folkwise
      ARTHUR LEE Vindicator
      heavy Jimi influenced pop solo lp
      LOUVIN BROTHERS When I Stop Dreaming.
      razor and tie best of country bros duets
      INSECT TRUST
      first lp by NYC jazzfolk band. great
      STEPPENWOLF live
      great semi live lp by early heavies with THE rock voice
      ROKY ERICKSON The Evil One
      TExas psychedelic's 81 comeback lp -not vastly dissimilar to
      Mother Juno era Gun club
      PRINCE Sign O'THe Times
      great lp by the guy with no name.
      Cross = the basis of a Jeff Buckley song?
      TALVIN SINGH Ha
      gorgeous electronica by London Asian
      Stevo
      NP Kyuss Apothecaries Weight
    • gradyfinklemyer
      Message 37 of 37 , Jul 2, 2002
        I've been meaning to ask...you're not the same Stevo from the
        show "Jackass" on mtv, are you? just wondering