Re: [thewire] CD Shops near Sorbonne in Paris

  • metropolitan audio
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 1 12:56 AM
      good shop called Bimbo Tower, passage St antoine, near Bastille, metro
      Bastille, japanese, improv, noise, books, tape, strange, very good shop,
      with nice people

      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 1 1:02 AM
        that's an easy one...
        1) go down along the Boulevard Saint-Michel : a couple of second-hand shops
        where you can find interesting stuff if you look long enough, plus the
        Gibert Musique store, with some avant-garde (ground floor, back of the
        classical), tons of electronic music (basement), and jazz and blues on the
        first floor (go through the OSTs). Both new and second-hand.
        2) you can also go towards Jussieu, with another series of second-hand
        shops...
        3) and finally, keep in mind that Paris is a much smaller city than London,
        so going to the shops on the right bank is no problem... plus, it is a nice
        thing to do by foot on a sunny afternoon.

        Gwendal

      • deterritorium
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 1 3:02 AM
          i would propose wave-paris - see attachment for more

          Ben

          > good shop called Bimbo Tower, passage St antoine, near Bastille, metro
          > Bastille, japanese, improv, noise, books, tape, strange, very good shop,
          > with nice people

        • deterritorium
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 1 3:07 AM
            no attachment

            so:

            Wave - Paris XI°
            Nom Wave
            Adresse 36 rue Keller 75011 Paris
            Telephone 01 40 21 79 51
            Metro Ledru - Rollin
            Horaires Mar/Sam : 11h00-19h00
            Styles Electro-Pop/Rock, Electronica, Underground Japonais, Rock Indé, Post-Rock, Folk
            Formats Cd - 7"/10"/12"

            i would propose wave-paris - see attachment for more

            Ben

            > good shop called Bimbo Tower, passage St antoine, near Bastille, metro
            > Bastille, japanese, improv, noise, books, tape, strange, very good shop,
            > with nice people

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            TheWire List Info Page: [getting there]