CD Shops near Sorbonne in Paris

  • Patrick Smith
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 30, 2002
      Hi All,

      I'll be spending a couple days in Paris in two weeks and staying on the
      Left bank. Any suggestions for interessting music shops to check out is
      appreciated.

      Patrick
    • metropolitan audio
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 1, 2002
        good shop called Bimbo Tower, passage St antoine, near Bastille, metro
        Bastille, japanese, improv, noise, books, tape, strange, very good shop,
        with nice people

        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 1, 2002
          that's an easy one...
          1) go down along the Boulevard Saint-Michel : a couple of second-hand shops
          where you can find interesting stuff if you look long enough, plus the
          Gibert Musique store, with some avant-garde (ground floor, back of the
          classical), tons of electronic music (basement), and jazz and blues on the
          first floor (go through the OSTs). Both new and second-hand.
          2) you can also go towards Jussieu, with another series of second-hand
          shops...
          3) and finally, keep in mind that Paris is a much smaller city than London,
          so going to the shops on the right bank is no problem... plus, it is a nice
          thing to do by foot on a sunny afternoon.

          Gwendal

        • deterritorium
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 1, 2002
            i would propose wave-paris - see attachment for more

            Ben

            > good shop called Bimbo Tower, passage St antoine, near Bastille, metro
            > Bastille, japanese, improv, noise, books, tape, strange, very good shop,
            > with nice people

          • deterritorium
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 1, 2002
              no attachment

              so:

              Wave - Paris XI°
              Nom Wave
              Adresse 36 rue Keller 75011 Paris
              Telephone 01 40 21 79 51
              Metro Ledru - Rollin
              Horaires Mar/Sam : 11h00-19h00
              Styles Electro-Pop/Rock, Electronica, Underground Japonais, Rock Indé, Post-Rock, Folk
              Formats Cd - 7"/10"/12"

              i would propose wave-paris - see attachment for more

              Ben

              > good shop called Bimbo Tower, passage St antoine, near Bastille, metro
              > Bastille, japanese, improv, noise, books, tape, strange, very good shop,
              > with nice people

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

              TheWire List Info Page: [getting there]