Rob Young

  • dinyar
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 27, 2002
      Reading Rob Young's response I felt a bit saddened - I know the whole
      affair is a non-starter and not a big deal in the end, but a sense of
      personal injury is evident.

      I remember in the days when he wasn't the head honcho at the Wire that he
      replied to occasional letters I sent to the mag - I was struck then by his
      attention to detail (ie even taking crazy requests seriously) and basic
      decency.

      I remember too what an excellent feature writer he was - his piece on
      Thaemlitz was such a skilful exploration of the music and politics that I
      felt compelled to seek out and listen to the work.

      The mag seems to be going from strength to strength (imo), but it's a shame
      that editorial duties seem to mean that we see less of his writing.

      Dinyar