South Africa

  • Simon Fay
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 4, 2002
      Do any of you know anything about South African music
      that one of
      your kind would be interested in? Any events in June
      or albums to
      check out?

      --j

      There was a useful little article a few 'Wire's back
      (June, July 2001?) on the alt.Afrikaner scene. The one
      lead I followed up all the way was writer/performer
      Riku Lahtti whose dbl-album 'A Plaster For My Wounds'
      is one half dead straight (but nice) pop-rock sung in
      Afrikaans, the other half a strange avant-in-places
      sometimes gauche electronic-instrumental set. Jim
      O'Rourke it ain't, which makes a change.

      now where is that old issue?

      SF

      http://uk.my.yahoo.com