Re: Reminder: Unofficial _Wire_ Audio Companion

  • Vincent Kargatis
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 4, 2002
      I wrote on Thursday, May 30, 2002 1:34 PM:

      > http://homepage.mac.com/vkargatis/wire_mp3/
      > (Also located in Bookmarks/Audio of this list website)
      >
      > Just a reminder for everyone that an unofficial audio companion to The
      > Wire's reviews and features is located at the URL above. It's totally
      > user-populated content, so please consider providing links to applicable
      > sound files (just email me with the info). Please see the site for more
      > info, and feel free to actually use it to hear the music featured in The
      > Wire!

      A couple added notes:

      - I've updated a number of issues with new links (meaning more music)**

      - I now have some web space, so if you have content but no place to put it,
      please email me - I might be able to host it

      - a good way for anyone to contribute is simply pick some releases featured
      in an issue (say, by your fave artists or someone you'd want to see word
      spread about), and look for online resources - files, streams, etc
      (especially from the labels). There are a number of links on the site of
      that nature, and it takes no resources on your part except for time/effort.
      Please consider it!

      --
      Vincent Kargatis
      np: Badly Drawn Boy - "File Me Away" (About a Boy)

      ** example listings atm from the last 2 issues:

      219:
      Derek Bailey - Ballads - My Melancholy Baby 3.4 MB (Tzadik)
      The Cinematic Orchestra - Everyday - All Things to All Men 7.7MB (Ninja
      Tune)
      MIMEO & John Tilbury - The Hands of Caravaggio - The Hands of Caravaggio
      (xrpt 1) RealAudio (Erstwhile)
      MIMEO & John Tilbury - The Hands of Caravaggio - The Hands of Caravaggio
      (xrpt 2) RealAudio (Erstwhile)
      John Oswald - Selektrax - see site - (Elektra - sort of)
      Tom Waits - Alice - Alice (Anti-)
      Tom Waits - Blood Money - Another Man's Vine (Anti-)
      Ralf Wehowsky & Kevin Drumm - Cases - Case B (excerpt) 1.3MB Selektion

      220:
      Tim Berne - Open, Coma - The Legend of P-1 (excerpt) (Screwgun)
      Tim Berne - Open, Coma - Impacted Wisdom (excerpt) (Screwgun)
      Tim Berne - Science Friction - Jalapeno Diplomacy (Screwgun)
      Tim Berne - Science Friction - Mikromaus (Screwgun)
      Fred Frith - Gravity - Terrain 3.6 MB (Fred)
      Philip Jeck - Stoke - Above 3.8MB (Touch)
      poire_z - + - bottle_bow (excerpt) RealAudio (Erstwhile)
      poire_z - + - cable-stitched_calypso (excerpt) RealAudio (Erstwhile)
      Wilco - Yankee Hotel Foxtrot - Poor Places 5.4MB (Nonesuch)