Orchestrion/GYSJ2

  • Simon Fay
    Message 1 of 1 , May 26 10:44 AM
      Dimitri & Rudy

      Thanks, I have 'Document' and Orchestrion's
      contribution is outstanding, hence my interest in
      hearing more. I have a late-started radio tape of half
      a performance they did at the Huddersfield
      Contemporary Music Fest in 1990...dunno if they were
      using tapes or what...extraordinary, like a window on
      the world opening during the car journey near the
      start of 'Solaris'. There was also a never-repeated TV
      series on Channel 4 around 1991-92 where Leo Feigin
      introduced film of many of the Soviet era acts - Orch
      had a 30 min show of their own. How I wish I'd had the
      means to tape it!

      Glad Karsaev is still 'active' but was very sorry to
      hear of Rezitsky's death. I don't suppose life in
      Archangelsk or Volgograd is at all better than in
      Soviet days except for a well-connected/privileged few
      to little note from the Western media.

      SF

      http://uk.my.yahoo.com