Re: [thewire] on-line German territory shops

  • Jim Flannery
    Message 1 of 4 , May 1, 2002
      Wednesday, May 1, 2002, 12:38:57 AM, Simon geschrieb:

      SF> Anyone know any reliable on-line shops in Germany (or with ready
      SF> non-import access to German-territory releases) that ships
      SF> outside?

      I've had good service (and prices) from www.zweitausendeins.de ...
      books too.

      --
      Best regards,
      Jim mailto:newgrange@...
      Message 2 of 4 , May 2, 2002
        Most German distributors do ship to countries within and without the
        EU, but some of the smaller ones do not accept credit cards, so
        payment may be the difficult part. Usually, international money
        orders will do.

        Try these:

        Efa www.efa-medien.de (One of the largest independent distributors:
        alternative, jazz, pop, dance, metal, improv ...)
        MDOS (Austria) www.mdos.at (wide range of electronica, avant garde,
        powerbook stuff)
        Groove Attack www.grooveattack.de (Hip Hop, soul, dancefloor)
        Kompakt www.kompakt-net.de (Cologne electronica)
        Neuton www.neuton.com (Frankfurt electronica)
        Force Inc. www.force-inc.com (Mille Plateaux, Tresor etc.)
        Dig A Little Deeper www.digalittledeeper.net (rare dancefloor,
        reggae, hip hop)
        Humpty Records www.humpty.de (dance floor, electronica)

        Zweitausendeins, mentioned by Jim, is a specialty dealer with a
        limited range of products. They have some jazz, classical & world
        music bargains, but their pop & rock section is dull, to say the
        least. Dance, improv & electronica are non-existent.

        It may be more helpful to check out www.amazon.de, if you can get
        past the language barrier. The larger independent distributors in
        Germany are all available there.

        Cheers,
        Carl

        --- In thewire@y..., Simon Fay <simonfay2001@y...> wrote:
        > Anyone know any reliable on-line shops in Germany (or
        > with ready non-import access to German-territory
        > releases) that ships outside?
        >
        > thanks
        >
        > SF

        > http://uk.my.yahoo.com
      • Simon Fay
        Message 3 of 4 , May 2, 2002
          Jim & Carl - thanks for the suggestions. I know 2001
          already - fortunately plenty of my tastes are
          mainstream-ish so they come in handy (although I did
          pick up a rather unusual 3-CD
          History-of-East-Germany-in-sound&music set from them)

          SF

          http://uk.my.yahoo.com