ANNOUNCEMENT : KIRSON.BORGHI.NOSTRANT :

  • matt borghi
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 6, 2002
      This the official debut announcement for my new project:
      kirson.borghi.nostrant.

      kirson.borghi.nostrant features myself, Matt Borghi, doing textural ambient
      stuff (my standard M.O.). With this project, though, I'm joined by Michael
      Kirson-Goldapper who does a lot of the production, beats, and rhythmic
      textures, and Geoff Nostrant who does all the "live" recording, guitar,
      keyboard and other things. Geoff is also the man behind Silvercord, a dark
      ethereal project, that I know some of you are familiar with.

      We've played several shows together, but the project was officially born at
      the GLEXP MINIMUM showcase in Akron.Ohio last week. I've posted an 18 minute
      excerpt from that performance, which we all agree was one of our best, at
      http://www.mp3.com/mattborghi. You can also learn more about the group by
      visiting: http://www.mattborghi.com/kbn.htm

      Our sound: IDM, textural ambient, sequential electronica, and lots of
      experimentation.

      Background:

      Initially Geoff and Michael were recruited to back me up at the Space For
      Music Festival in Nashville coming up this week at The Belcourt Theatre.
      More shows started to get booked and we were playing together about once a
      month. I decided that an approach as a trio would be better, and more
      democratic. This "live" excerpt is truly indicative of our ensemble's
      direction. I'll still be doing a lot of solo and collaborative ambient
      stuff, but for the most part "live" performances will be billed as
      kirson.borghi.nostrant, and they'll sound a lot like this.

      We're always interested in performance and recording opportunities. If you
      hear something you like please get back to us: 411@....

      Thanks for your time, and your interest!

      Matt Borghi, Michael Kirson-Goldapper, and Geoff Nostrant

      kirson.borghi.nostrant

      email. 411@...
      web. http://www.mattborghi.com/kbn.htm
      postal.