spam heads up

  • Clem
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 30, 2002
      andrew, it is very nice to have people on the lookout and sharing how to get around all the advertising that is thrown at us these days. i just went in, and sure enough, all my options for every possible spamming had been changed for me to yes. i strongly suggest everyone to opt out of the yahoo marketing. bill c.

      Yahoo has added a "marketing" area to the account set
      up area of groups.
      When you go into it you will see that they have set
      you to "yes" on everything. I highly advise everyone
      to go in and change it.

      When you're logged in at Yahoogroups, click on Account
      Info on the top right corner of the monitor screen.
      Enter your password when prompted, then below the
      listing of your email addresses, you'll see a link for
      "Edit Marketing Preferences", click on that. You'll
      see it's set to Yes (please send me spam) on every
      option. Set them all to No, don't forget the two
      towards
      the bottom of the page about phone and snail mail spam
      and click the button to save it.