Remember that Yahoo outage?...

  • Andrew Fleming
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 29, 2002
      In case you've been seeing some new spam lately, I just received this from
      another list:

      -------------

      Do you all remember when Yahoo went down for a few
      days? Well, here's one of the changes they
      implemented. Ain't that just so sweet, they signed
      us all up for lots of Spam. NOT!

      ***

      Yahoo has added a "marketing" area to the account set
      up area of groups.
      When you go into it you will see that they have set
      you to "yes" on everything. I highly advise everyone
      to go in and change it.

      When you're logged in at Yahoogroups, click on Account
      Info on the top right corner of the monitor screen.
      Enter your password when prompted, then below the
      listing of your email addresses, you'll see a link for
      "Edit Marketing Preferences", click on that. You'll
      see it's set to Yes (please send me spam) on every
      option. Set them all to No, don't forget the two
      towards
      the bottom of the page about phone and snail mail spam
      and click the button to save it.