Stuff

  • JamiHarley@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 20, 1999
      Thanks to all that responded to my previous e-mail. I'm enlightened in respect
      to getting in touch with Astralwerks re. Lida Husik.
      re. The Camden Monarch. I'm often at venues where any thing could be on the
      bill
      and this venue puts on a range of indie bands/noisniks that may bore you or
      give you faith in a magic moment(and thats a personal thing!!!) To the person
      who didn't particularly like Rothko(despite seeing them twice) with all due
      respect if you have no music taste what are you doing subscribing to the Wires
      E-mail forum?
      Bands like Rothko are trying to do something on a limb(Which actually Camden
      is famous for.) Without this spirit,(the music may sometimes be weak but the
      spirit is willing),we never would have had bands like
      Stereolab,Moonshake,Laika etc etc./
      I guess what I'm trying to say is that if you don't like 'em don't slag 'em
      ignore 'em.
      Nice one to the Boston station who sends through their play list(with added
      enlightening comments) Thats good stuff. Gives the rest of us who's
      money/experiment ratio is low something to try out.
      Jeez I'm all out of rant , time to get back to the Talisker...
      It's all around
      love Jamie xxxxxxx
      ps Sorry I gotta ask What does this mean?.......A group heavly influenced by
      nouvelle vauge director Francois Truffaut. Aural guitar explorations.......

      pps does anyone know if Kid Loco is bringing out another album soon
      ppps Mogwai's new album is going to be colourful.Can't wait to see them at the
      Astoria London on Saturday. New rant then probably .See ya
      ppps Auricle was an enjoyable read. Who put that together. Hello Robert Fripp
      I've enjoyed your loopy guitar stuff for a long while glad to know you've
      still got the passion.
    • Edmund Davie
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 22, 1999
        >re. The Camden Monarch. I'm often at venues where any thing could be on >the bill and this venue puts on a range of indie bands/noisniks that may >bore you or give you faith in a magic moment(and thats a personal >thing!!!) To the person who didn't particularly like Rothko(despite >seeing them twice) with all due respect if you have no music taste what >are you doing subscribing to the Wires E-mail forum? Bands like Rothko >are trying to do something on a limb(Which actually Camden is famous >for.) Without this spirit,(the music may sometimes be weak but the
        >spirit is willing),we never would have had bands like >Stereolab,Moonshake,Laika etc etc. I guess what I'm trying to say is >that if you don't like 'em don't slag 'em ignore 'em.

        Personally I'd rather this list was a forum for debate than unmitigated
        praise. Life's too short for boring music! You know, this is a list
        based on the Wire magazine. They print bad reviews from time to time!
        It's not enough for music to go "out on a limb"; it has to be GOOD, as
        well. I'm not going to listen to music just 'cause it's 'different', or
        whatever. We all want to listen to GOOD music, don't we? If you want to
        draw attention to Rothko it's because you like them; why shouldn't I
        warn people off them because I don't like 'em?
        I'd always associated Camden with 4th-rate derivative guitar bands and
        Britpop liggers than any kind of adventurous spirit. And the reason I
        saw Rothko twice is because once they were doing a set at an otherwise
        wonderful club night, once they were on at an all-dayer, along with
        bands I DO like. It's not as if I actively sought them out.
        Would anyone else like me to shut up before I start saying I don't
        particularly care for Laika, Moonshake, Mogwai, Labradford......?
        And yes, I DO have taste; impeccable taste, in fact! I was joking.
        Yours,
        Edmund
      • JamiHarley@xxx.xxx
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 22, 1999
          That's what I like to see .. a shouty man
          Just wanted to get up a storm
          Sorry , I probably can't deal with the negativity of the music 'biz' at the
          moment
          Long live The Three Suns...
          love Jamie xxxxxxx
        • Fahad Khan
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 9 5:25 AM
            Firstly, I would like to ask if anyone has heard Keiji Haino's
            collaboration with Barre Phillips and is it worth getting and also whether
            Mort Aux Vaches by Merzbow is also any good
            Also...
            Does anybody know what the music is at the beggining of each of Francois
            Trauffaut's films in BBC2'S Trauffaut season, the nusic playing over the
            text on the proceeding film? I'm not usually into this kind of easy
            listening stuff but this really got to me, it sounds quite like air. It
            would be a great help if anyone told em where to get a hold of it. This is
            probably only relevant to those who can get the BBC