middle class revolution in your mind

  • ashleyspradlin@excite.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 17, 2002
      Speaking of "heroes for middle class consumption":

      In the Radiohead article there was talk of a book called *Revolution in Your Mind*. It was supposed to be a thorough description of the recording of all(?) the Beatles' songs. Anyone know where I can find this?

      np: Jazz Satellites- Volume 1: Electrification

      <hr>
    • Ian Land
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 17, 2002
        Sounds like Revolution in the Head by Ian MacDonald.

        An excellent book that should be available from any decent bookshop.

        Ian

        > Speaking of "heroes for middle class consumption":
        >
        > In the Radiohead article there was talk of a book called *Revolution in Your Mind*. It was supposed to be a thorough description of the recording of all(?) the Beatles' songs. Anyone know where I can find this?
      • Kraig Grady
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 17, 2002
          Ian!
          I seem to remember a book with is exact title though different than your own. Can't remember the author. It wasn't a common name at all. Can't find it in a book search either. don't think it would pass as a
          master key to the beatles, even though it was quite good. Gertrude Stein had alot of influence on the lyrics from what i can see.

          Ian Land wrote:

          > Sounds like Revolution in the Head by Ian MacDonald.
          >
          > An excellent book that should be available from any decent bookshop.
          >
          > Ian
          >
          > > Speaking of "heroes for middle class consumption":
          > >
          > > In the Radiohead article there was talk of a book called *Revolution in Your Mind*. It was supposed to be a thorough description of the recording of all(?) the Beatles' songs. Anyone know where I can find this?
          > /

          -- Kraig Grady
          North American Embassy of Anaphoria island
          http://www.anaphoria.com

          The Wandering Medicine Show
          Wed. 8-9 KXLU 88.9 fm