Re: [thewire] Brief review.. Fridge live in Manchester UK

  • philT
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 6, 2002
      > The highlight was a drone/song(I assume from their first LP which I don't
      have) which started as an extended intro that kept building and building
      beautiful chords and ended up running into this fantastic 30 minute (or so)
      piece without losing it's way once or becoming a 'jam'. Even the students
      stopped talking ...

      I love the track that's on the Domino 02 comp attached to this month's The
      Wire - Drum Machines and Glockenspiels. Is this off the album? Reminds me a
      bit of The Necks but that's probably just the repitition.

      philT
    • Olivier Borzeix
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 6, 2002
        Yep it's off happiness!

        Olivier

        philT a écrit :

        > > The highlight was a drone/song(I assume from their first LP which I
        > don't
        > have) which started as an extended intro that kept building and
        > building
        > beautiful chords and ended up running into this fantastic 30 minute
        > (or so)
        > piece without losing it's way once or becoming a 'jam'. Even the
        > students
        > stopped talking ...
        >
        > I love the track that's on the Domino 02 comp attached to this month's
        > The
        > Wire - Drum Machines and Glockenspiels. Is this off the album? Reminds
        > me a
        > bit of The Necks but that's probably just the repitition.
        >
        > philT
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • John Farrar
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 6, 2002
          > Even the students stopped talking ...

          Bloody hell, they must have been good. Students with verbal diarrhoea are
          the main reason I hardly go to see live bands any more. They ruined the God
          Speed You Black Emperor gig in Leeds last year.

          John