Re: No New York?

  • Rob Young
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 4, 2002
      >anyone else
      >ever notice how the wire doesnt cover nyc that much?
      >the usa does not just include chicago and san fran (no
      >offense to those cities!!)

      Are you kidding? In the last five issues we have featured Downtown
      post 9/11, interviewed New York residents Marina Rosenfeld, Raz
      Mesinai, Jim O'Rourke, Steinski, Le Tigre, Richard Hell. Glance back
      further in 2001 and you'll find Cannibal Ox/Dex Jux, Laurie Anderson,
      Pandit Pran Nath/John Cale & the whole pre-Velvets story, Ornette
      Coleman, Alan Licht on the Blank Generation, Phill Niblock, Gary
      Lucas... And live, apart from the Gira/Angels Of Light show, we've
      reviewed SY & Tom Verlaine, DJ Shadow & Cut Chemist, Kenneth Anger
      benefit, Masada live at Tonic, the After The Loop conference...

      Of the contributors listed on our masthead, eight are based in or
      near New York, two in Chicago and three in San Francisco.
      --
      _______________________________________
      Rob Young

      THE WIRE: Adventures In Modern Music