Re: [thewire] More on Lomax (was: Brecht vs the Fall)

  • Kraig Grady
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 26, 2002
      Hello Dimitri!
      I never knew they were two! I would imagine that such a thing would not
      fare well with the anthropological community these days. I don't think they
      measure levels of civilization although the one i enjoyed the most was
      where it
      was determined by the level of lies. So called less civilizations it appears
      often don't know how to lie:-). Then again if all Politicians really
      told the
      truth to us or our neighbors ,war would have destroyed us all.

      I believe there was elements of African American culture one of them believed
      was not quite african which got him in trouble with his black brothers.
      I don't
      remember the specifics.
      The important thing is that they were collected and would be lost for good.
      Often those confronting elements not familiar make mistakes. I believe
      it is
      important at times not to be afraid to misunderstand, as a step toward a
      latter understanding. I do it even here among my own tribes!

      ‰Õ…‘“…  i»œ* wrote:

      > Lomax jr,BTW, did a pioneering reseach in "choreometry"(that is measuring a
      > level of civilization according to the way a tribe dances)
      > Dmitri

      -- Kraig Grady
      North American Embassy of Anaphoria island
      http://www.anaphoria.com

      The Wandering Medicine Show
      Wed. 8-9 KXLU 88.9 fm