Re: [thewire] great raw & wild female: FOUND OUT!!!

  • Helena Velena
    Message 1 of 20 , Feb 24, 2002
      >just a quickie....
      >On MTV Superrock,
      >that useless stupid program of MTV,
      >i've seen the other night
      >a video by a Numetal band fronted by a woman with a jolly fantastic voice...
      >The clip features ONLY close ups, very close ups of her face and her
      >piercings, and it's beautiful, cause it's conceptually extreme...
      >Just her face for the whole clip.....
      >The music is also good, and the voice, as i said, really great....

      I finally found out who she was..
      Actually it was last week, but i had no time to post before...
      So, she's called OTEP SHAMAYA,
      and her band is simply called OTEP,
      that is an anagram of the word POET.

      The paly a very raw extreme crossover-numetal,
      with fantastic and very raw vocals.....

      Her band played in last year OZZFEST,
      and she was the only female musician of the whole bill..
      But actually, as you know, in metal there are veeeery few females,
      except for the occasional, and unfortunately often gimmickily all
      female band......

      On July 7 2001 Kerrang there's a small article on them,
      and they released an ep called JIHAD, available from their site

      http://www.otepsaves.com

      that is very impressive,
      and looks more like the site of an experimental band, into kemetic
      and initiatic stuff, and alternative culture in general, than the
      site of a metal band...
      probably just cause she's a female, an anarchist and a very deep person...
      Worth invistiganting, and starting to love, really......

      Helena
      np:
      DOM UM ROMAO
      (the complete Muse recordings)