Re: Fw: Muslimgauze

  • Davis Ford
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 15, 1999
      >From: Steven Taylor <kung.funk@...>
      >
      >> I noticed for some strange that the list attributes for this list were
      set
      >> to "reply to sender" and not "reply to list"...so if you sent a message
      by
      >> hitting the reply button on your mail app...it probably went only to the
      >> sender. It is fixed now. That said, DeeDee was kind enough to offer up
      >> some Muslimgauze opinions...which I think was intended for the
      list...davis

      >This is the only mailing list i'm on where 'reply to list' is set as
      default.
      >It seems much better to have 'reply to sender' as default as a precedent
      has
      >already been set by other Mailing lists.
      >Ive seen plenty of replies to the list which were obviously intended as
      >personal replies.
      >
      >Steve

      I can set it up that way...but then people end up getting the message twice
      the way you replied to the former message, because you used a "reply to all"
      feature on your mail app...so it sent it to the list, and to my email
      address. I'd rather not get duplicate copies of messages. To avoid this,
      you'd have to delete my name from the To: field. Either way, you'll have to
      edit something to get it straight (in this instance, if you want it to go to
      the sender, and not the list, cut and paste the address). I think it's
      easier this way, but if enough people disagree...I'll gladly switch it back.

      Davis
    • Steven Taylor
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 14, 2000

        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 14, 2000
          > I can set it up that way...but then people end up getting the message twice
          > the way you replied to the former message, because you used a "reply to all"
          > feature on your mail app...so it sent it to the list, and to my email
          > address. I'd rather not get duplicate copies of messages. To avoid this,
          > you'd have to delete my name from the To: field. Either way, you'll have to
          > edit something to get it straight (in this instance, if you want it to go to
          > the sender, and not the list, cut and paste the address). I think it's
          > easier this way, but if enough people disagree...I'll gladly switch it back.

          I guess at the end of the day it doesnt really matter, i dont neccesarily think
          the 'reply to sender' way is anymore efficient, but it does cut down on
          accidently sending Personal messages to the list which can be a bit embarassing!
          and annoying when people are replynig to sales lists. (which i have done
          myself).
          Either way im happy to follow the majority on this... i guess everyone else may
          just be thinking 'so what!'.. oh well...

          Steve