New Kingdom (was: Re: hip hop)

  • pm.carey@utoronto.ca
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2002

      * "stevolende" <stevolende@...>
      >thats 2 of my favourite cds invention throughout is great
      >i'm left wondering if they were going to mutate into a black
      >version of Chrome or something definitely getting more and
      >more band orientated

      Yeah, who knows where they would have gone with another Kingdom LP. :)

      >that Tuba Frenzy that had the great history of 99 records -from 97 or
      >98 had an interview with Sebastian and Nosaj talking about recording
      >(or poss. just rehearsing a new lp) -never heard anything more about
      >it. next thing i knew Nosaj was playing wembley without Sebastian
      >then one of them was appearing in or as Truck Stop -any more news?

      Others have chimed in, so this may have already been said ...
      After "Paradise..." I heard there was a follow up LP in the works under
      the Freak Brothers moniker, but never heard any more. Then, Seb(stop)
      appeared on the half-good (IMO) Scotty Hard disc, and the Truck Stop
      10" came out on Wordsound's Black Hoodz label. NK were also on the
      "Axiom Dub" 2CD, and on other Laswell-related comps. Latest thing I
      heard was that they might be involved with the recent El Stew/Brain/
      Eddie Def-related Gonnervil (sp?) outing ...

      More info would be appreciated.

      -P

      NP: Helena "Azul"
      OD: Coralie Clément "Salle des pas perdus"