A Spiritual Awakening

  • mountainmirrors
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 25, 2002
      Mountain Mirrors of Mattapoisett, MA is the ecclectic, brooding and
      mystical spirit-child of Jeffrey Sanders.

      Jeff spent the last twelve years sharpening his craft as lead-
      guitarist for several New Bedford-area bands. Most notably, Metallica
      and Ozzy cover-band-turned-original, "Asstrain".

      Jeff adds,"I was out of control on drugs...very cynical and moody. I
      had quit booze a few years before but still enjoyed the weed. I
      eventually discovered pills, and that was just a horrifying downward
      spiral for me." Asstrain disbanded in August, 1999 (then, ironically
      called Divider).

      He eventually did a 90-day court-appointed stint in a
      correctional "rehab facility" in 2000. "It was jail. The place was an
      orphanage way back in the day...alot of kids died there of
      untreatable illness. I do feel that it was haunted by them- in a good
      way. I spent my time there meditating and getting to know what was
      truly in my heart, personally and artistically."

      "There's definitely more to this world than we can see. I try to
      deepen my connection with this force every day with every intention.
      The demons of the past are still there, but their power is
      weakening...
      Now, when I write, I just clear my mind and let the moment consume me.
      Music is my salvation."

      Mountain Mirrors' first LP, "Improvisations From a Void" will be
      released in February. A limited-edition pressing will be available at
      CDStreet.com!
      ###

      mountainmirrors@...
      http://www.mp3.com/mountain_mirrors

      Thank you very much for reading this. Your time is valuable.
      Gratefully, and with respect,
      Jeff