Re: [thewire] mingus recommendation

  • Jim Flannery
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 17, 2002
      "R. Lim" wrote:

      > Final note- Mingus plays bass on a really superb Ellington-led trio disc
      > called "Money Jungle" which is well worth checking out if, um, you like
      > music.

      A quick ditto for that one -- great disc and the reissue is cheap enough my mom
      would've bought it. Every Monk fan should own one.

      Jim Flannery newgrange@...

      "For children are innocent and love justice; while most
      of us are wicked and naturally prefer mercy"
      -- G.K. Chesterton
      np: Aesop Rock, _Labor Days_
      nr: James Elkins, _Why Art Cannot Be Taught_