beach boys/manson

  • ralph2319311
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 27, 2001
      What about the one they did with Charles Manson? Never Learn Not to
      Love aka cease to exist. Wot a classic. Not. That reminds me, anyone
      ever hear the Manson album Lie? It's a hoot. I used to play it in the
      record store I worked at, to annoy all the customers. Sample lyric:
      Had a little monkey
      And I took him to the country
      And fed him on ginger bread
      Along come a choo-choo
      And knock my monkey koo-koo
      And now my monkey's dead.

      Weee! What a work of genius. And Terry Melcher wouldn't give this
      guy a record contract? The wizard indeed!
    • j. felix heule
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 28, 2001
        Those lyrics finally made it to the majors with MARILYN Manson's first
        album. Is the Beach Boys' recording of Cease to Exist available anywhere?
        I've never been able to find it. I guess it's probably an mp3 file share thing.

        > Had a little monkey
        > And I took him to the country
        > And fed him on ginger bread
        > Along come a choo-choo
        > And knock my monkey koo-koo
        > And now my monkey's dead.
        >
        > Weee! What a work of genius. And Terry Melcher wouldn't give this
        >guy a record contract? The wizard indeed!

        --jake

        Breakthrough in Grey Room
        avant-garde/experimental/post-rock radio
        Listen live over the internet... I'll be back in late January.
        http://www.sit.wisc.edu/~jfheule/breakthrough/
      • Kurt Hoffman
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 2, 2002
          >Those lyrics finally made it to the majors with MARILYN Manson's first
          >album. Is the Beach Boys' recording of Cease to Exist available anywhere?
          >I've never been able to find it. I guess it's probably an mp3 file
          >share thing.

          I don't know if there's a more interesting unreleased version of it
          floating around, but it came out officially (with Manson's
          songwriting credit deleted) as "Never Learn Not to Love" on the Beach
          Boys "20/20" album.

          kurt
        • jamello@aol.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 3, 2002
            If memory serves, Redd Kross (back in 1981 on "Born Innocent")and Guns'n Roses (on "The Spaghetti Incident") also covered "Cease to Exist."