Year-end lists

  • ralph2319311
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 12, 2001
      Good idea, here's mine:(Including reissues)

      1)Pierre Henry-Mix 3.0 box
      2)Max Nagl/Julie Tippetts, etc.-The Evil Garden
      3)Neu-s/t
      4)Neu-2
      5)Neu-75
      6)Jah Wobble/Evan Parker-Passage to Hades
      7)Kollectiv-SWF sessions vol. 5
      8)C.O.B.-Spirit of Love
      9)Don Cherry/Pendereki-Actions
      10)Labradford-Fixed:content
      11)Steve Kilbey-Dabble
      12)Lustmord-Metavoid
      13)Love Tractor-The Sky at Night
      14)Nick Cave-No More Shall We Part
      15)Horde Catalytique Pour La Fin-Gestation Sonore
      16)Syd Barret-Wouldn't You Miss Me
      17)The Jazz Butcher-Distressed Gentlefolk
    • Jim Flannery
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 12, 2001
        ralph2319311 wrote:

        > 15)Horde Catalytique Pour La Fin-Gestation Sonore

        What's this, then?

        Jim Flannery newgrange@...

        "For children are innocent and love justice; while most
        of us are wicked and naturally prefer mercy"
        -- G.K. Chesterton
        np: Gasp, _Drome Triler of Puzzle Zoo People_
        nr: Charles Brockden Brown, _Wieland, or The Transformation_
      • ralph2319311
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 13, 2001
          Reissue of album that originally came out on the French "Futura"
          label (home to Red Noise, Fille Que Mousse) in 1971. It's improv that
          creaks, bangs, and squeals quite nicely-sax, flute, vibraphone,
          contrabass, guitar, various percussion. FE's website states it's
          almost Partch like at times-hmm...some parts are slightly like that,
          with the percussion, but more crazy improv really.--- In

          newgrange@s...

          > "For children are innocent and love justice; while most
          > of us are wicked and naturally prefer mercy"
          > -- G.K.
          Chesterton
          > np: Gasp, _Drome Triler of Puzzle Zoo People_
          > nr: Charles Brockden Brown, _Wieland, or The Transformation_
        • Gwendal Cobert
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 2, 2002
            > 16)Syd Barret-Wouldn't You Miss Me
            completely missed that one... what is it ? unreleased stuff, demos, live ???
            Gwendal
          • ralph2319311
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 2, 2002
              It's previously released tracks from his two albums, plus the Opel
              collection. There is one track that is previously unreleased-Bob
              Dylan Blues, and if you like Syd you'll probably want it. It's a
              witty commentary on Dylan.--- In thewire@y..., "Gwendal Cobert"
              <gpl@c...> wrote:
              > > 16)Syd Barret-Wouldn't You Miss Me
              > completely missed that one... what is it ? unreleased stuff, demos,
              live ???
              > Gwendal
            • Gwendal Cobert
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 3, 2002
                ummh... I'm not enough of a fan to get this album just because of that one
                track I don't have !

                http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/