Re: Talk Talk Laughing Stock

  • improv@xxxx.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 2, 1999
      >From: DeeDee <deedee_523@...>
      >

      >, what other of their records are worth investigating?
      >
      >Laughing stock is wonderful, but I like the previous one, "Spirit of
      >Eden" even better. Somewhere betwenn early electric Miles,
      >Psychedelic/ambient and ECM, this one is really quite a masterpiece.

      Sounds very interesting, and unexpected, given the Miles and ECM
      comparisons. I've seen this around used often, so I'll have to pick it up
      soon.

      Thanks,
      dt

      Dave Trenkel : improv@... : www.peak.org/~improv/

      "...there will come a day when you won't have to use
      gasoline. You'd simply take a cassette and put it in
      your car, let it run. You'd have to have the proper
      type of music. Like you take two sticks, put 'em
      together, make fire. You take some notes and rub 'em
      together - dum, dum, dum, dum - fire, cosmic fire."
      -Sun Ra